RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate 2009/12/22

Development of this project is currently frozen!

Introduction  [Top]

Patches of the RPG Maker 2000/2003 editor have always been the greatest problem, because they all changed the resource section in the executable. So there were two ways of distrubuting such a modification: Either the users had to change their RPG2000/3.exe by themselves using the famous “Resource Hacker” or replace it by a new one, which was often a big problem because modifications made in the past, and even localizations were overridden.

The aim of my project is to make things easier. RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate neither changes the executable file nor replaces it. It’s compatible with all versions and this way very flexible. When started, it will load any RPG Maker 200x editor and inject itself into it. From the inside, it is able to modify the RPG Maker then.

Already implemented features  [Top]

• Interface modification: new, compact toolbar, seperated (”floating”) map tree and chip selector, project’s name in title bar
  • User-defined interface modification or localization through INI files (UIMod). This replaces the old way, where you had to use Resource Hacker.
  • Support for multiple instances (up to 100) without conflicts
  • Opening project by entering the path
  • Replacement of fonts (this way eliminating the bug where RM2k3 would display a yen sign instead of a backslash)
  • “User tools” menu where you can put tools you want to call quickly
  • Support for resources in subfolders
  • File info for resources (image size, title/copyright information for MIDIs and MP3s, …)
  • “Undo” button for many event commands
  • New charset animation type “No steps when moving”
  • New hotkeys, F11 can now be used in every window to open the music selector, F9 also works in the database
  • Event command highlighting
  • Size of event listboxes can be increased
  • “Secret”, password-protected events
  • Support for lower layer tiles in upper layer (with one important restriction, read ultimate.txt for details)
  • Go to a map by entering its ID or a part of its name
  • Support for comments up to 128 lines
  • No size check at importing images
  • Support for 125 (5×25) sprites instead of 25 (5×5) in one animation file
  • Useful tips and tricks
  • Language files included: German, French, Spanish and Polish
  • Language file editor

Planned features  [Top]

• Integration of CGSS
  • Minimap of current map for better overview
  • Better sound player with music download feature
  • Debugger
  • Event template feature (with parameters) for often used types of events (e.g. “chest”, “teleport”, …)
  • …and much more

Language file editor

Use of an animation file with 125 sprites

Use of an animation file with 125 sprites

About window

About window

Download  [Top]

The first official release is available here: RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate v0.15. Please read text files carefully before testing.
You can view the changelog before downloading.

176 Responses to “RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate”

1. Dart00 says:

Wow…Great work? But how stable is it?

Also does it support your ppp v2 patch? Or does it “absorb” all the patches that we have made to our project file before?

• Cherry says:

Although it’s called “Alpha”, it’s very stable, as far as I can tell. I didn’t get any instability reports yet.

It supports every version and every patch, because RM2k9U itself is no patch and doesn’t change your project’s rpg_rt.exe.

• Dart00 says:

Ah. I see. I LOVE the syntax highlighting. I would be very very nice though to have a “testplay” button in the database window by the mini button or something though, its so annoying to have to make a tweak and close the database, open test play, finish test play, reopen database, continue…

Also maybe a tweak to make the drop down boxes like 3 times there size, so much scrolling if we have A LOT of stuff.

Also I love the idea of sub-folders, but I already have 100s of graphics already put in my game, and when i tried to sub-folder a few of them the game crashed saying it could not find the resource, that stinks lol. I wish there was a way to be able to sort my graphics and like a “Recursive Synchronize” button that updates all the graphics in game to there new paths. Till then I am unable to use the sub-folder option. :(

But Great work! Cant wait for the next release.

• Cherry says:

RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate allows the test play hotkey (F9) in the database as well.

2. Nessy says:

I was wondering, will you include map exporter as well for easier atmospheric pictures? :3

3. Magi says:

Hey. I can’t figure out if it is my computer or version 0.15, but I am unable to create more than three lines of text in the show message dialogue box. If I format dialogue in RM Text then manually paste it in, I can utilize all four lines, but otherwise it is impossible. Is this a known issue?

4. Cherry says:

This happens when the original RPG Maker used an odd small font.

Please open the file “widemessagebox.ini” in the folder “uimod” and change all occurences of “++16″ to “++32″.

Best regards and merry christmas,
    Cherry

5. Kindred says:

Hey Cherry,

Firstly thanks again for doing this. I will definitely make a donation to you once school is finished for me, I’m at uni right now so cash isn’t exactly a luxury lol. I also noticed you implemented the tabs for map and chipset editing, it looks great thanks :) . I certainly enjoy the idea of colour coding the code in the system, this should make debugging easier. I can’t recall if this was in the previous version but I noticed that for the database you replaced the tab words with icons for navigating the database. I wouldn’t recommend this, tt looks ok in the drop down menu list but for actually navigation it can be somewhat cumbersome remembering what icon means what. Instead of clicking once on my intended tab I can find myself clicking up to 3 times trying to recall which is the correct one.

But here’s my review for Linux and Windows.

Linux:
    Kubuntu 10.10: Wine 1.2.2
    – Rm2k9 opening very slow, takes up to a minute to open (most likely due to wine). The main window opens then quickly disappears only to reappear after some time (I think this behaviour might be normal since you are using dll injection and that the process is just slower under wine than windows). If I minimize the window I will get duplicate windows, one window will be the normal rm2k9 window and another will be a window which I cannot interact with (only the 3 main buttons min, max, close). This might be just incorrect handling on wines part.

-Map decoding is also very slow (for scrolling too).

-during test play there are no midi sounds, and sounds (.wav) stopped playing after several minutes (mostly due to wine, i noticed this while using AIMP audio player too).

-On the laptop during test play the top menu bar for the test play window disappears (I don’t have any minimize, maximize or close buttons). This isn’t a problem on the desktop though. So I’m sure what’s happening there. I’ll just blame wine :)

-During test play if I close the caption box to allow myself to edit while playing, the test window still forces focus on itself regardless of what I am clicking on. I am pretty sure this “edit while playing” functionality was from the rm2k3 version I had, so I believe this is something you had not coded in yourself and I am unsure if there’s any way you can override it to make make
    it work in rm2k9 with or without it being native to the original rm2k3. I see only a slight slow down when animations are being used for the first time, once those are cached it’s fine. I see something similar on windows, although not as apparent.

-The font in the tabs are some what messed up, they are not aligned in the similar fashion when rm2k came out with the hideous font. I don’t recall seeing this problem on the laptop, however I don’t recall doing anything different in terms of set up for rm2k9.

-When I attempt to enter the database I get an exception. It says the following:
    “An exception occurred while the window “FormEDCommonEvent” was initializing. The window might not be fully working. You should save your project and restart RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate as soon as possible to avoid further errors. Access violation at address F74C579A while writing to address 00679CF0.”

Windows 7:
    -No problems in opening rm2k9, map decoding or scrolling.

-moving the tool bar is vary slow and laggy.

-Aside from aesthetics, I can’t really say I have any complaint on the windows side of things. It appears to be very solid. As I use it more I’ll post back if anything comes up.

-I also did a quick run through on virtual box with windows 7 and everything seems to be the same on actual hardware. I only had no sound but that was a problem with my virtual box that I’m rather lazy to fix.

Another future idea (tabs again woop) might be to have an event tab. One that lists all events on the map by name. The setup would most likely be similar to how the common events look in terms of layout. These ideas are more or less just for practicality than necessity. It could have sorting by name and by event number aswell as an option. I was originally thinking of this idea for common events, but I think it might be more appropriate for map events, it’s up to you really. I suggest this since alot of my game sequences are controlled by events, i’ve event worked out a way to use events as “switches”, like if this event facing down, do this, face up, etc. I only say this to give you an idea as to how others might use events outside of the norm.

But that’s about it for my review. Hope it helps and enjoy your holidays :)

• Dart00 says:

Ya, the buttons were driving me crazy! lol. But there’s a option under “settings” (We may get a GUI soon) that you can tweak (Just read everything carefully) that you can reset it back to tabs. :)

• Cherry says:

First: Hello, thanks for your review and happy holidays!

As Dart00 said, you can change that behaviour in the ultimate.ini file (File->Settings). The option id vsllrf “DataBaseTabsStyle”. The value “0″ will show the tabs as usual, without icons, and if there is more than one row, it can switch its position. The value “1″ will add icons (without removing text) and change the style to something button-like which will not switch its position when there is more than one row. Finally, “2″ results in the behaviour you see now: Vertical tabs, icons only.

About all your problems with Wine: I am using a lot of tricky stuff on a low level to get everything working. Unfortunately, Wine doesn’t like this. Although I am trying to make RM2k9U as Wine-friendly as possible (read wine.txt), there are still some problems on some machines which I can’t solve from my side.

On openSuSE 11.2 with the latest Wine version, everything is working fine, but on Ubuntu, it’s extremely slow, for example… So I am at the end of my knowledge at that point.

This one of the worst things that can happen, because I have absolutely no idea why this error occurs. It can make the Common Event tab practically unusable, because some vital things may not work – you have to try it. The problem is that I can’t find out the problem without access to your machine, because it doesn’t occur at my computers…

-moving the tool bar is vary slow and laggy.

Is your system 64 bit? If yes, that’s an known issue which seems to come from the 3rd-party window docking library I am using, and it only occurs at 64 bit systems. I haven’t found a way round yet.

The reason why this isn’t implemented yet is because I haven’t found the right way to read the map event data yet.

Best regards,
      Cherry

• Kindred says:

Hi,

Did you install anything besides the latest wine, like for example any winetricks?

I’ll see if I can get an idea of the problem with the common event tab.

And yes I do have a 64 bit system.

I read some info on other rpg maker projects long ago, and I think they might have information on map decoding.

Rpg-Minerva
        http://r-pg.emubase.de/site/index.php?s=news&lan= , the project is discontinued though.

EasyRpg

Hope that helps.

• Cherry says:

Yes, winetricks “msi”, “msvcrt” and “msvcr80″, because this was needed in previous versions of RM2k9U.

I’ll see if I can get an idea of the problem with the common event tab.

Please try the tips in wine.txt! Maybe it helps.

Yes, I know all of them, and decoding the files is not the problem. I am talking about the classes in the memory.

6. GR-FoxDie says:

Einfach nur klase der Maker.
    Hab ihn grad getestet und bin begeistert von deiner Arbeit.
    Ich würde sagen bleib am Ball und weiter so ist auf jedenfall ne super sache.

mfg GR-FoxDie

7. Rudria says:

Cherry can you combine rm 2009 ultimate with cgss and can you create triple layer mode like rm xp, if you can it’s will be the perfect rpg maker

8. Gerb says:

Hi Cherry! I have one question. Can be expanded Move Event? It has two items “go to the hero” and “go from hero”, but somehow the developers have not figured to make the team “to go to an event № …», which is sent to the event from point A to point B, from one event to another. I explain why is needed. I do in my project «Day and Night System» and day NPC walk around town and at night should go home, but as they walk randomly, to prescribe the route to the house I can not. And if there was a point “go to an event № … », it would not have been much difficulty. Is it possible, at least theoretically, to make this?

• Cherry says:

Everything is possible, as I use to say. And yes, I would even know a way how to create such a patch, it’s still no pathfinding – the “Go to hero” function can’t avoid walls, etc. either.

I’ll write this down and include it in my latest patch when I get to any time…

9. Seena says:

RM2K9U would be very useful if other patches were included like Hyper Patcher or Event Factory.

10. Hi

i found your site through search engine.i like your web
    page content and very attractive theme.really i like this
    it.

Thanks.:

11. Magi says:

Hey Cherry, there is something I just thought of that I’m curious about. Are there any plans for 2K9U to have any GUI extensions for people using your patches?

Something like being able to select from a preferences menu which patches have been applied to your RPG_RT file or the program could even detect it automatically… Then it could add several boxes and buttons to create a friendlier interface for things like the picture pointer patch or an extra database tab/event button to quickly change controllers in the future revolution patch.

• Cherry says:

Well, yes, that’s planned… But: There are so many things planned, and I have no idea when – or whether – I will be able to do these things…

12. Kellen says:

Hey Cherry! This looks like an amazing upgrade to rpg maker, and would love to try it out. But when I attempt to load the project from the folder I get an internal error or something and that rpg maker had to be closed
    and exit code C0000005 (Access Violation).

I tried running it in Debug mode and the error appears to occur when it attempts to load rpg maker 2003 (i have v1.08 btw), it rm2k3 crashes or stops working and i get the same internal error except with exit code FF.

I was hoping you may have some insight to the issue, is it rpg maker 2009 or do you think it may be my rpg maker 2003? (which is what it seems like)

13. Sleeping_Wind says:

Hello, nice project you have here!

I am wondering if it is all right to give a few suggestions to the engine (also I want to ask if you can tweak these few things) – these are some of the stuff I think Rm2k3 can be improved on:

1. Changing Class graphic in battle (instantly applied?)
    2. Ability to set stat value to x instead of adding/reducing it -x +x
    3. Ability to change resistance/reduce stat like in SMT series (perhaps by “level”) so stat change skills is more strategic
    4. Changing class while maintaining battle graphic (instead of making duplicate of class just to change resistance).

I apologize if these are pretty long shot/far fetched. I will keep an eye on this work of yours.

Thank you for your time!

14. Jay says:

Hi,

We read the ultimate.txt for some details for the lower layer tiles and
    wanted to say thanks because my son and i were looking for that info.

Thanks again.

15. CRxTRDUDE says:

I got a very nice find here! Thanks for this app! It’s more streamlined than the other ones! BTW:

How can I find out if what I’m using is the value pack (for RPGM2k)?
    Are you still updating this program?

Thanks again!

16. Pikachu127 says:

Can you close this in another file other than a RAR? I don’t have the capability of unzipping it, and I can’t download winZIP, so… Help, please.

17. Arun says:

Uhm hello !
    It’s looking cool, but i can’t even get it work.

When i choose my project on the Rpg Maker’s locations.
    It says: “Starting Rpg Maker failed.” and something “Update is needed for processing.” sorry because it was written in my language.

• Arun says:

Okey okey i got it !
      I am using Windows 7, i am running it as administrator, and it’s perfectly working !

Thanks for this great software Cherry !

18. Seena says:

Here are some ideas for RM2K9U:

The “Show Message” event command could allow for the display of a characters Hp/Mp/Attack/Defense/Intellect/Agility or Equipment slot or character Class/Title the same way Variables or Hero Names can be displayed.

The “Show Choices” event command could allow for more than 4 choices.

• Cherry says:

Thank you for your ideas. Unfortunately, these things can’t be done in RM2k9U, since RM2k9U doesn’t modify the game engine (and isn’t supposed to do that either). Only features which don’t require modification of the game engine (rpg_rt.exe) can be done in RM2k9U.

(For example, the subfolder feature is using backslashes in resource names. When the game engine accesses these files, it will access a file in a subfolder without even knowing it.)

19. Zantara says:

Any updates or progress about RM2k9u Cherry ?
    Btw this is great…

• Cherry says:

There is a small, inofficial update (mostly bugfixes), which you can download here.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of work in the “real life” (finishing school this year), so I have almost no time for RPG Maker related stuff.

20. glorimus says:

Shallom Cherry !!!
    Cherry i found a battle algoritm software in the RM2k9U folder that i think useful, but why not you add more useful tool like charas maker, zorn tool, etc.
    And can you create the sub menu like tools-charas maker or tools-zorn tool, or etc.

Ah yes, i know you have a lot of work in the real life (finishing school) but i hope you can finish the next update version of RM2k9U+CGSS, ’cause i really need the CGSS.
    One more think, god will bless you for your work cherry !!

21. Anonymous says:

Man, you have no idea of how much this nifty tool helped me.

I don’t know why rpg maker doesn’t support subfolders natively! This definitely saved me there.

Thanks!

22. _aLucard says:

Hello. Your software is great! But why I’m getting an application error and it says:

“The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0150002)…”

I’m using Windows Xp.

Thanks in advance.

• Cherry says:

That’s a strange problem some people have. It means that Windows can’t find a certain module (”assembly”), but strangely it doesn’t tell you which module. However, Windows creates a message in the event log (use Control Panel → Maintenance → Event Log to view the log). Please tell me what’s the exact error message there.

Best regards,
      Cherry

• _aLucard says:

I can’t tell the exact error ’cause i can’t see it, but don’t worry I’ll be using your program on my brother’s laptop. This makes Rpg Maker 2k/2k3 get along with rpg maker xp and vx. I’m looking forward to an update.

Keep up the good work.

23. Garon says:

Hey Cherry,

danke für den RPG Maker Ultimate! Ein kleines Problem ist mir aufgefallen: Beim Vokabular im letzten Reiter werden durch dein Programm die folgende Einträge immer wieder zurück gesetzt: Attack, Mind, Other, Equipment und Continue.

Bei anderen ists mir nicht aufgefallen – habe auch nur diesen Block bearbeitet. Lässt sich schnell feststellen, indem man jedes Feld ausfüllt, anwendet, das DB-Fenster schließt und erneut öffnet.

Wenn man die Einträge im rm2k ändert, so werden sie auch im ultimate geändert. Versucht man sie hier zu verändern, so wird immer auf die Änderung des rm2k zurückgesetzt.

Liebe Grüße,
    Garon

24. [...] vale a pena dar uma conferida. Link do site, com informações sobre o maker e link para download http://cherrytree.at/cms/lang/en/projects/ultimate/ Posts Related to [ENGINE] RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate No Comments RSS Filed under: Ferramentas, [...]

25. AML says:

Thank you for this awesome feature.
    More people in this world should be like you.
    I will wait the next version impatiently.

Good Luck!

26. Neok says:

Would it be possible to include the following features?

- Option to play reversed battle animations
    - Allow for larger sprite sizes for charasets? (aka, be able to put something like this:

into one charaset, preferably with the usual 3 frames of animation.)

The idea is to make things much easier for people who want to make their own custom battle systems.

27. Jay says:

Hi,

Left a comment some time ago a wanted to come back to say that my son is loving the ways he can make custom battles.Thanks again for great information.

28. Seena says:

Will there be a new release soon?

29. Hiro says:

The computer say to me that Rpg2003.exe (that I kept on my USB key) was corrupted or unreadable when I was using Rpg Maker 2009 Ultimate. Then, the corruption extended itself on my USB key and I had to delete forever 8.05 gigabytes of 14.8 that the kay has to save my USB key. Now the corruption is stopped. I used Rpg Maker 2009 Ultimate many times, but only today the problem appear. It’s a problem of Rpg Maker 2009 Ultimate or not? Can I reuse Rpg Maker 2009 Ultimate safely? Sorry if i made some grammatical errors: I’m italian.

• Cherry says:

Hello! Thanks for the message.

RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate doesn’t ever attempt to write to the rpg2003.exe, so I think the file system on your USB stick was already corrupted before (probably due to a power failure or because you plugged it out without using the “Remove Hardware” features – but there can be other causes too).

• Hiro says:

Thanks for the answer. When the problem occurred, I reset my computer because it’s very old and it stopped to work. Then I saw that the corruption ate a lot of files (3-4-5 gigabytes) and so I use Scandisk on my USB stick. Scandisk stopped the corruption from eat another files, but it removed a lot of unreadable files. Now I have 9999 fragments of corrupted or unreadable files… But the corruption didn’t started when I turn on the computer, but after a few hours that I was using Rpg Maker Ultimate. The computer said that a charset was unreadable or damaged. Then, when I tried to close Rpg Maker Ultimate, the computer said that Rpg2003.exe was unreadable or damaged. Then it said that the project folder was damaged or unreadable (and I can’t enter it). After this, the computer stopped itself and I reset it. Why the corruption started from some Rpg Maker files of the project that I was modifing with Rpg Maker 2009 Ultimate?

30. DarXnake says:

Hi Cherry. I’m a french fan of you and your incredible work on RM2k(3). You’re just an amazing person! I’m using so much patch from you that saved my life more than once, that’s just insane. So I wanted to say a big ‘Thank You’ for all your hard work ! Also,
    is there a place where we can make suggestions or bug report for your RM2k9U ? Well, i’d like to report two litte anoying things, and will do it here for the moment:

- Sometimes (didn’t manage to know exactly why), hotkeys doesn’t open the right window. For instance, CTRL+G opens Enemy Groups in DB. CRTL+S opens Techs in DB.

- Can the windows “Search for a map” keep the last method we use to actualy search for a map. I usualy search with the map ID and always have to check “ID” then enter the number beacause name method is default.

- Is it possible to integrate a “rapid search” option for event listbox (like CTRL+F) to look for a variable / switch / text ?

- The last one is off topic. It’s about your RM2k(3) Font Changer. I was unable to change a font from a brand new v1.07 RM2k exe. But for the same font, it worked on an other RM exe version (don’t know the number).

I’m looking forward to the next version of RM2k9U, and thanks again for all you already did :D

• Cherry says:

Thank you for your message!

This happens when RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate loses focus by Alt+Tab but later regains focus by the mouse. Use this inofficial release, I fixed the bug there.

I’ll put that on my list.

Looks like somehow it isn’t brand new. Try Hyper Patcher 2 instead, it supports more versions of runtime files.

• DarXnake says:

Well, I have to say, none of the issues have been solved.

Alt+Tab then click on the window still opens DB instead of classic window in v0.16. Thanks for noticing what trigger the issue, now I can be more precise:
        “If you Alt+Tab while in RM2k9U, whatever you do after, it will activate the issue, even if you regain focus with Alt+Tab without releasing Alt (pretty useless but eh, just testing :p).
        Only one manipulation solves this. Alt+Tab whereever (in or out of RM2k9) maintaining Alt and then click on the RM2K9U icon in the Alt+Tab menu (I’m using Windows 7 64 bits). In that case, the wanted window opens.

Regarding replacing the font of my .exe, I already tried Hyper Patcher 2 Demo, without success. In fact, some fonts work, but not all. The one I would like (ProFontWindows) isn’t recognised with v1.07 but I really can’t understand why. If you’re interested in why it doesn’t work, maybe I can upload you an empty project along with the font on an FTP ? I’m NOT obliging you at all (wouldn’t dare ^^”) !

And thank you for adding ideas to your list surely already full.

• Cherry says:

That’s strange, because I didn’t experience the problem anymore since v0.16… Does it work if you press Alt twice before pressing the hotkey?

About the font changer: Please upload your files to CherryShare, use a filename like “DarXnake Font Problem” or something like so that I can find your file easily – or just post the link here.

31. DarXnake says:

Actualiy yes, it does the trick. Even sometimes pressing it once will solve the problem.

I uploaded a 7z file on CherryShare, with a .txt file to help helping me.

• Cherry says:

Ok, I’ll look at it and get back to you then.
      By the way, for issues like this you can just send an e-mail (use the address from the “contact” page and use “cherry” instead of “webmaster”, that’s my main address).

32. mylove says:

Ну вообще-то, многое из того, что Вы пишете не совсем так… Ну да ладно, не важно :) :)

33. AML says:

A few days ago I have seen a post by you in a forum showing your Rm2k3 Debuggin Addon, but I can’t find the information about it, here in your website. Where can I find it?

Will this Debugger be added to the new release of the Rm2k9 Ultimate? When do you think the new release will be ready?

Thank you very much!

• Cherry says:

I know, many of my small tools are only in forums, not here on my website, because I don’t have time to update it regularly… It’s a shame^^ I hope the day will come when I put everything I made here on my website.

About RM2k9U: [i]This[/i] debugging addon won’t be included, because it works on project-level (needs a special RPG_RT.exe). But RM2k9U will get a different, although less powerful, debugger.

I can’t tell when the next release will be ready, because of a lack of time. Real life comes first, you know.

Best regards,
      Cherry

34. Pang says:

Hello Cherry,
    I’ve been wondering, but does your program actually let break the limit on items and skills descriptions? I’m pretty sure I saw something like “custom menu”, but I just can’t figure it out :(
    Maybe I’m stupid or something :/

35. guy says:

when i double click RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate it soon then stops and comes up with an error saying “loading project failed c:\user\john.smith\desktop\rpg maker\”

• Cherry says:

Is your project really in “c:\user\john.smith\desktop\rpg maker”, and not in a subfolder like “c:\user\john.smith\desktop\rpg maker\MyGame”? You have to enter the path to the actual project, not to the folder where all projects are inside. Also, try removing the trailing slash.

Best regards,
      Cherry

36. Seena says:

Why can there only be one password protected event?

37. Crayola says:

First, thank you so much for your work !!

PLEASE !!! Can you add a multi-copy option for the variable\switch menu ? Is it technically possible ?

38. so very sad nick says:

will you ever be featureing a multi animation feature i need it soo bad for my game to be perfect

• so very sad nick says:

oh and by the way i love the work you do. im personally a huge fan and trust in primaraly your abilitys only

39. Apple says:

Cherry are you dead ? :D
    Will you update this miracle ?

• Cherry says:

No, I am as fresh as a daisy, but am also very busy with other (paid!) stuff… I hope you understand that stuff which I get money for has higher priority than stuff which consumes a huge amount of time without giving me any return service.

Best regards,
      Cherry

40. gadesx says:

Its will be nice see some edits of the Menu of rpg maker,
    adding some features like step counter, time counter
    actually the basic menu don’t let you make anything

41. afl says:

This is a great tool and I hope it is continued to be updated. There are still quite a few of us RM2k3 users out to appreciate it!

42. Yuffit says:

Starting RPG Maker failed.
    The requested operation requires elevation. Help?

43. mSpore says:

Ein riesengroßes Danke an Cherry für diesen Maker, einfach ein klasse Stück Software, macht das Makern wesentlich angenehmer. Schade, dass er nicht vollendet wurde. :(

44. Raff_the_Math says:

Sehe das auch zum ersten mal… und dass mSpore’s Kommentar quasi von gestern ist, ist umso bedrückender… Naja wie gut, dass ich ohnehin den RPG Maker XP für mein Hauptspiel verwenden werde! ^^

45. Thankfulness to my father who told me regarding this website, this web site is really remarkable.

46. kdb424 says:

It’s me again. I know it’s been a while, but I’ve been working on a lot in life. Any chance you’d like me to translate it to Japanese for you? I figured it’d be a good chance to learn some more words, and I’m sure Japan would appreciate your add-on to a program that came from Japan in the first place.

47. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I’m quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

48. JudgmentTH says:

I don’t really know when will the next release happen, but can you please fix the renaming problems v0.15 has? Some of the Strings always revert back to the original terms RPG Maker 2k/2k3 has.

49. Chefchen says:

Hey Cherry wär echt cool wenn du am rm2k9 weitermachen könntest :D

50. Squeeble says:

I’m assuming this project is still on-going? I haven’t downloaded it yet, but I really like what you’re doing. I’ve been a huge fan of the RPG Maker series since RPG Maker 95+, but I still struggle on which one I like best: RPG Maker 2003, XP, or VX Ace. Each one has aspects that are great but there are always features lacking from past versions.

This leads me to my question: VX and VX Ace allow you to set the message face graphic and display options in the same event as the message itself…I find the lack of this in RPG Maker 2003 to be rather annoying. Do you think this is something you could incorporate into 2009 Ultimate, if you ever have time to do so?